Welcome to my blog

I'm a mother, wife, grandmother, daughter, sister, friend. I'm a self-taught potter. I make beads from clay and jewelry from my beads. Follow me on my online journal as I toss around ideas from my life and from my studio.

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Busy Weekend






What a great weekend! I took my new convertible to Santa Fe Beadfest this weekend. My first road trip in this car. My first big bead show. I got to stay with my sister in Albuquerque then drove up to Santa Fe for the bead show. When I went inside it was beautiful outside. A friend and I kept hearing that it was snowing outside but we were too busy looking at beads to pay much attention. Then we kept hearing that it was "really coming down out there" and we finally thought, we better check this out. We knew we had to drive back to Albuquerque and didn't want to get snowed in. When we looked outside there was about three inches of snow on the cars and it was "REALLY coming down out there". So we opted to head back. Fortunately once we got to I 40 it wasn't too bad. We did encounter two accidents which slowed traffic considerably but we made it back okay. So our bead show experience was cut short but we saw plenty of beads. The next day we had planned to hit New Mexico Clay and stock up on supplies for our pottery group. That's always a fun shopping experience. We don't have anything like that locally and we saved a ton on shipping. We probably got about 350 lbs. of different clays.

The next stop was Trader Joe's to stock up on wine. Another great shopping experience. I know. If you're reading this and you know me, you're probably thinking, but she HATES to shop. This is true. But beads and clay and wine? That's my kind of shopping.

I did take some new beads out the kiln. I love the chunky yellow ones. And the square pendants with glass were a fun experiment. I think they turned out great. I picked up some cool wooden stamps that are just the right size to stamp a design into these squares and then add glass. Stay tuned for that.

1 comment:

  1. Oh No! Snow in Santa Fe? Tell me it isn't so!
    I am about to road trip through and I want some warm weather for my southern Vacation!

    This sounds like my kind of shopping too!

    ReplyDelete