Welcome to my blog

I'm a mother, wife, grandmother, daughter, sister, friend. I'm a self-taught potter. I make beads from clay and jewelry from my beads. Follow me on my online journal as I toss around ideas from my life and from my studio.

Friday, January 7, 2011

January Art Bead Scene Challenge



Look at this incredible inspiration piece for the January Art Bead Scene Challenge It's called Brown River. I love the colors. And I actually already had a piece that I had just made that fit this inspiration piece perfectly. My necklace was actually inspired by the paper Bead for Life bead, it's the striped one, which was a gift. The colors in it are yellow, purple and brown. I even had the brown silk ribbon in the piece that to me so resembles the Brown River in the painting.

So since I'm already done with this challenge, I'm going to join Jen Judd's photography challenge on her blog which is also related to this piece of art. Sounds like fun!!

2 comments:

  1. Don't you just love that yellow?! Also...I'd highly recommend that you goodle the artist--this painting is probably one of my faves, but there are tons about cake. Yes, I said CAKE! And, who doesn't love CAKE! haaaaaaaa I'm going to try to work that into some of my pics. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That's a lot of cake. I feel like I put on 5 lbs. just looking!!! I just had a bite of the most wonderful Dreamsicle cake. Yumm. Took me back to the days of the ice cream truck and those pushup dreamcicles.

    ReplyDelete