Welcome to my blog

I'm a mother, wife, grandmother, daughter, sister, friend. I'm a self-taught potter. I make beads from clay and jewelry from my beads. Follow me on my online journal as I toss around ideas from my life and from my studio.

Monday, February 22, 2010

Catch Up

I went away for a long weekend to celebrate my 25th Anniversary. Technically, it's not til August but it's too hot to travel in August. We went to Nashville. We both took our cowboy boots. We hit honky-tonks every night. Slept til 10 a.m. at least. I checked out a bead store but came home empty handed. (How did that happen) I did stop at Barnes and Noble before I left and picked up a book to read on the plane. It's called Metalworking 101 for Beaders by Candie Cooper. http://www.candiecooper.com/index.htm It was just what I was looking for. I've been experimenting with copper wire and now I'm ready to tackle sheet metal. I'm looking forward to incorporating some handmade metal findings, the clunkier the better for me, into my ceramic beads and jewelry. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment